The Analytics & Data Science team works day-in and day-out to solve complex problems, build innovative models and support data-informed decision making and transparency at Eventbrite. We are committed to dedicating the same intensity to our organizers, helping them to drive their business’ forward with insightful data and analytics. As Eventbrite continues to grow, the types of questions we ask and the data we look at also grows, requiring us to work better and smarter. We are an expanding marketplace where understanding the relationship between supply and demand is the essence of what we do. Our team of creative self-starters has no problem tackling unstructured problems with a lot of independence and clearly articulating our insights to the business to drive impact.
The business decisions we make as our product grows and evolves are guided by careful analysis and compelling insights from our Analytics & Data Science team. We sit in a strategic role that not only works to make sense of our structured and unstructured customer data with sophisticated models and data mining techniques, but also conducts in-depth analyses that inform business strategy and help the company make data driven decisions. Meet Eventbrite’s Director of Analytics & Data Science, Kimberly Shenk.
We are looking for an expert analyst that will work directly with the many different facets of our Finance team to drive analytical rigor throughout the Finance organization. You’ll serve as an advocate and promoter of our data-driven culture and work closely with the Finance teams to help them use insights that will direct their efforts towards initiatives with the largest impact. You will provide guidance on new methodologies and analytical approaches and synthesize analysis and results into compelling storylines that you will communicate directly to decision makers. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a high autonomy environment and is eager to hone their analytical thought process while building an understanding of our business inside and out.
THE SKILL SET
- Highly analytical mindset--you’re critical, quantitative, inquisitive and insightful
- Entrepreneurial in nature--you’re resourceful and you have an eye for optimization
- 3+ years of industry experience with solid statistical analysis and data mining skills
- Strong in MySQL (>3 years)
- Strong experience with Python (>2 years)
- Experience working with large quantities of raw, disorganized data
- Bachelor’s degree or better in a technical field (CS/Math/Stats/Engineering/Economics)
- Previous Finance analytics experience
- Economics background with an emphasis in pricing
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.
Back to top