- Manage speaker’s bureau for various executives and team leaders across the organization, including overseeing the calendar, researching opportunities, creating briefing docs, etc.
- Bring your out of the box and super creative thinking to a broad range of initiatives
- Draft and edit material and presentations for public speaking opportunities
- Produce and maintain the nuts and bolts of communications operations – including, press lists, track and document press coverage, updating our company press page, etc.
- Track and manage team budget and vendor relationships
- Be on the front lines of all incoming or reactive press inquiries
- Serve as primary point of contact for partner or any third party using Eventbrite in the press (case studies, joint press releases, etc.)
- Own industry intelligence news sweep
- Partner with colleagues to pitch stories to a broad range of media--well and often. This includes business, tech, consumer, local and trade press. Stories should align with our company vision and objectives, and aim to broaden the public awareness of Eventbrite
- Identify opportunities to amplify content and news across various channels and outlets
- Draft press releases and manage the distribution of news through all relevant outlets and audiences
- Create materials for the broader internal and external communications initiatives to help us all hum a little faster (reporter briefing or prep docs, award submissions, company All Hands meetings, etc.)
- Operationalize measurement program, bringing to the table new ideas for tracking and communicating the impact of PR activities (coverage reports, quarterly tracking)
THE SKILLS SET:
- 3+ years experience in communications, public relations or related field
- Agency experience not required, but a major plus
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Keynote, expertise, a great eye for design and interest to build on those skills is a major plus!
- Bachelor’s degree (or more)
- Make-it-Happen Spirit - Unbounded energy and drive, you’re proactive and always seeking the next opportunity to spread the Eventbrite love
- Creative Thinker - PR these days isn’t about putting a press release on the wire and seeing the coverage flow in. We dig deep to be creative and thoughtful in the news we put out. Think champagne taste on a beer budget (exaggeration, but you get the gist)
- Hand-Raiser - Someone who is always looking to take on more and help. Not a box-checker, but someone who volunteers and sees the work all the way through
- Passionate and Dedicated Player - We’re changing an industry afterall. We need people who believe in what we are doing and bleed orange. No deadbeats, please
- Collaborative Teammate - We’re a close family in the Briteland, and this role will work across many functions and across borders
- Well-Spoken/Written Communicator - Solid communication prowess - both written and verbal
- Juggler - Proven ability to act quickly and manage multiple projects at a time
- Flexible Worker - Things change quickly in tech, and someone who can pivot and acclimate quickly does well
- Tech-Minded Colleague - You don’t need to know how to code, but we do need you to leverage your consumer tech prowess to hang with the best and the brightest in tech media
Meet Some of Eventbrite's Employees
Head, Category Marketing
Martina leads a team of marketing experts whose mission is to fuel growth of the millions of events on the Eventbrite platform. She oversees marketing, acquisition, and engagement initiatives across key industry verticals.
Back to top