Business Development Representative
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.
Eventbrite is disrupting a huge industry in desperate need of a shakeup. As a Business Development Representative, you are the first point of contact for business development efforts. You’ll generate demand, interest, and excitement for Eventbrite while creating a pipeline of business to arm our Business Development Managers.
What makes Business Development at Eventbrite so exciting? You’ll be working with event organizers who manage everything from music festivals to concert venues to complicated registrations for mud runs, beer festivals, conferences, and much more. Our horizontal platform means no one conversation with a potential client is the same. There is no script, no one-size-fits-all solution. We’re consultative experts, and we train and invest in our smart and goal-oriented team to grow their careers here at Eventbrite.
Eventbrite is looking for an entry level Business Development Representative for our European subsidiary office in London. This position is critical in setting the direction for Eventbrite's UK business development efforts across our key categories.
We are building a best-in-class Business Development organization comprised of motivated and talented go-getters. The opportunity is big, competition is fierce, and we have miles to go before we sleep. We help generate pipeline and build a world-class business development team in Europe that consistently beats business targets, partners cross-functionally with our global to teams, and helps write the playbook for our European market. Hear from some of our San Francisco Business Development team.
This position is critical for driving Eventbrite's UK business development efforts. Eventbrite's goal is to become the UK’s favourite ticketing and registration solution by providing organisers and attendees with simple, yet powerful, event technology. At Eventbrite, you’ll find a team of dynamic, smart and engaged people who are passionate about building communities and creating innovative products to help people get together around live experiences.
As a Business Development Representative, you’re the first line of contact to prospective clients. As the first line of contact, you must be able to understand the diverse business needs of our event organizers. You’re quick on your feet, and your grit and resilience help you handle objections like a pro. You’ll become an expert in the event industry and the Eventbrite solution. You’ll use your convincing personality and passion for winning to raise the bar of success, documenting and tracking qualified opportunities to pass on to the Business Development Management team.
We are currently looking to hire for this opportunity on a 6-month contract.
THE SKILL SET:
- 1-2 years experience in a phone business development role as part of a SaaS, 2.0, or ASP company OR a driven, whip-smart, and eager-to-learn new grad who thrives in fast paced environments
- Available for a 6 month contract
- Experience with mid-high volume cold calling
- A fearless ability to proactively engage new clients
- A consultative business development approach and knowledge of how to maintain control of a conversation
- The skills to passionately and clearly articulate value/benefit
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover issues with a prospect’s current process
- A firm understanding of how to qualify buyer interest and identify target customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team-player attitude with a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond just your day-to-day tasks
Is this role not an exact fit? Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions or networking events with with our London team.
Back to top