Eventbrite is disrupting a huge industry in desperate need of a shakeup. As a Business Development Representative in Berlin, you are the first point of contact for business development efforts. You’ll generate demand, interest, and excitement for Eventbrite while creating a pipeline of business to arm our Business Development Managers.
You’ll be working with German event organizers who manage everything from music festivals to concert venues to complicated registrations for mud runs, beer festivals, conferences, and much more. Our horizontal platform means no one conversation with a potential client is the same. There is no one-size-fits-all solution. We’re consultative experts, and we train and invest in our best-in-class and goal-oriented team to grow their careers here at Eventbrite.
The Business Development team is a small group with diverse backgrounds—seasoned salespeople, marketers, and a few former musicians and promoters. We’re charged with kicking off conversations with qualified leads from our Lead Generation team and working with all kinds of event organizers to turn them into successful Eventbrite customers. Learn more about our global Business Development organization.
This position is critical for driving Eventbrite's business development efforts. Eventbrite's goal is to become the favourite ticketing and registration solution by providing organisers and attendees with simple, yet powerful, event technology. At Eventbrite, you’ll find a team of dynamic, smart, and engaged people who are passionate about building communities and creating innovative products to help people get together around live experiences.
As a Business Development Representative, you’re the first line of contact to prospective clients. As the first line of contact, you must be able to understand the diverse business needs of our event organizers. You’re quick on your feet, and your grit and resilience help you handle objections like a pro. You’ll become an expert in the event industry and the Eventbrite solution. You’ll use your convincing personality and passion for winning to raise the bar of success, documenting and tracking qualified opportunities to pass on to the Business Development Management team.
THE SKILL SET
- 0-1 year experience in a commercial role as part of a SaaS, 2.0, or ASP company OR a driven, whip-smart, and eager-to-learn new grad who thrives in fast paced environments
- Fluent in German and English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A fearless ability to proactively engage new clients
- A consultative business development approach and knowledge of how to maintain control of a conversation
- A team-player attitude with a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond just your day-to-day tasks
- Experience with mid-high volume cold calling
- A firm understanding of how to qualify buyer interest and identify target customers
- The skills to passionately and clearly articulate value
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover issues with a prospect’s current process
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
Eventbrite is the world’s leading event technology platform, powering more than two million live experiences each year. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.