Eventbrite is disrupting a huge industry in desperate need of a shakeup. As a Business Development Representative in Amsterdam, you are the first person to tackle business development efforts. You’ll generate demand, interest, and excitement for Eventbrite while creating a pipeline of business to arm our Business Development Managers.
What makes Business Development at Eventbrite so exciting? You’ll be working with Dutch event organizers who manage everything from music festivals to concert venues to complicated registrations for mud runs, beer festivals, conferences, and much more. Our horizontal platform means no one conversation with a potential client is the same - the possibilities are endless! There is no one-size-fits-all solution. We’re consultative experts, and we train and invest in our smart and goal-oriented team to grow their careers here at Eventbrite.
The Business Development team is a small group with diverse backgrounds—seasoned business development people, marketers, and a few former musicians and promoters. We’re charged with kicking off conversations with and generating qualified leads to our Business Development Managers. We work with all kinds of event organizers to turn them into successful Eventbrite customers. Learn more about our global Business Development organization.
This position is critical for driving Eventbrite's business development efforts. Eventbrite's goal is to become the favourite ticketing and registration solution by providing organisers and attendees with simple, yet powerful, event technology. At Eventbrite, you’ll find a team of dynamic, smart and engaged people who are passionate about building communities and creating innovative products to help people get together around live experiences.
As a Business Development Representative, you're the first person to get in touch with prospective clients. You get to do a full discovery, learn about their goals and pain points, and see if there is Eventbrite is a good fit for their needs. As the first point of contact, you must be able to understand the diverse business needs of our event organizers. You’re quick on your feet, and your grit and resilience help you handle objections like a pro. You’ll become an expert in the event industry and the Eventbrite solution. You’ll use your convincing personality and passion for winning to raise the bar of success, documenting and tracking qualified opportunities to pass on to the Business Development Management team.
THE SKILL SET
- 0-1 year experience in a commercial role as part of a SaaS, 2.0, or ASP company OR a driven, whip-smart, and eager-to-learn new grad who thrives in fast paced environments
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- A fearless ability to proactively engage new clients
- A consultative business development approach and knowledge of how to maintain control of a conversation
- The skills to passionately and clearly articulate value
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover issues with a prospect’s current process
- A firm understanding of how to qualify buyer interest and identify target customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team-player attitude with a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond just your day-to-day tasks
- Bonus points for experience with mid-high volume cold calling
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive salary within a rapidly growing technology company that offers you the possibility to deepen your (international) career
- You’ll join an energetic and results driven team based in Amsterdam and will regularly connect with colleagues in Berlin, Barcelona, London and San Francisco
- Laptop for professional use
- Drinks every Friday (to ease in the weekend)
- As much (real!) coffee, tea or soft drinks as you want
- A workplace in one of the sweetest offices in the Netherlands
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?