Eventbrite is the world’s largest self-service ticketing platform. We build the technology to allow anyone to create, share, find and attend events that fuel their passions and enrich their lives. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, air guitar competitions, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions - you name it, we power it. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences.
Eventbrite officially opened our Australia office in March 2014, building on a strong organic business where over a hundred thousand events had been hosted on the platform before boots were on the ground. Since building a lean and tenacious team, the Australian business is focused on continuing growth through brand awareness and marketing, and targeting major events where our product is a great fit to help organisers be more successful. The team is made up of three primary functions: Business Development, Marketing, and Account Management. We’re small, scrappy, and help each other out as we work towards our shared vision of making Eventbrite a household name when is comes to live experiences.Meet some of the team.
In the near future, the majority of Eventbrite’s business will come from outside of the United States. The company is currently in a phase of strong international growth, we’ve recently launched a number of international offices, and now have a presence in Australia, England, Ireland, Germany, Argentina and Brazil, in addition to our San Francisco and Nashville offices in the US. We want to continue to aggressively grow our international business and, where necessary, strategically open offices and build a local presence.
In Australia, we have ambitious growth plans for the Australia/New Zealand market, with the potential to enter the greater AsiaPac region. We’re looking for scrappy and fearless team members to be part of this growth story.
We’re looking for a creative and resourceful Business Development Representative (BDR) with a can-do spirit to join our team. Whether you have cold-calling experience with another company or you are a recent grad, we are seeking a smart, naturally driven, goal-oriented individual who is hungry to succeed, thrive and grow in a fast-paced tech business development environment.
You’ll be on the front line, talking directly to our future customers. You’ll be responsible for representing Eventbrite in all inbound and outbound business development efforts. That means you’ll be working to generate demand, interest, and excitement for Eventbrite while creating a pipeline of business to pass along to our Business Development Managers (BDMs) to take across the finish line. It’s a real team effort - and it all starts with you.
If you are looking to build a successful career in tech business development--this is the place to start. We’re a quickly growing business set on disrupting a massive industry and ultimately changing the world, one event at a time.
THE SKILL SET:
- Ability to represent Eventbrite with style and grace on the phone with prospective clients
- Meticulous documentation skills in order to capture and pass long qualified opportunities to BDMs
- The skills to passionately and clearly articulate the value and benefit of our product
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover issues with a prospect’s current process
- Quick on your feet and able to handle tough conversations and objections like a pro
- Resilience and energy to “get back on the horse” after a setback
- Desire to smash quotas and goals, and continually raise the bar for your performance
- Understanding of or ability to quickly learn and demonstrate the business development process
- Tech savvy and ability and desire to dig in and learn our product at lightening speed
- A team-player attitude with a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond just your day-to-day tasks - we’re often all hands on deck!
- 1-2 years’ experience in a phone-based business development role as part of a Saas, 2.0, or ASP company
- Experience with mid-high volume cold calling and working towards quotas/targets
- Experience using a CRM (ideally Salesforce)
- Have used (and loved) Eventbrite as an organiser, attendee or both!
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, including cash + bonus + super
- Generous benefits include transportation stipend, wellness reimbursement, free snacks and weekly team lunch