Backend Software Engineer, Argentina remote
- Mendoza, Argentina
Experimentation and Innovation are critical to Eventbrite. As our platform continues to grow and develop, we are seeking a creative software engineer to use a variety of technologies in the development of new and existing product innovation.
You’ll be joining an exceptionally talented and experienced team focusing on further demonstrating the feasibility and possibility of internal ideation through the development of rapid prototypes and minimum viable products. We're also a people-focused Engineering organization: the women and men on our team value working together in small teams to solve big problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and pushing themselves to learn new things daily. This is a unique opportunity to influence both the future of the business and the industry in a huge way.
You’ll join a safe environment to ask questions and constructively suggest whether there is a better way to do something. You will provide positive feedback and code reviews to your teammates. When given the opportunity you’ll happily talk to customers.
You should love being on the bleeding edge of bringing new solutions to market that the world has never seen before. You should thrive on going from 0 to 1, from whiteboard to launched product offering, and not waiting to see what the future holds, but instead inventing it as part of this small team. You should not be risk averse or fear failure, but be able to leverage a combination of technical skills, personal conviction, and curiosity to constantly push in what ends up hopefully being the right direction.
THE SKILL SET
- 4+ years of proven work experience successfully building web applications
- Proficiency in Python (ideally), Django/Flask and MySQL
- Comfort with the balancing act of rapidly building prototypes and minimum viable products while simultaneously creating readable, testable and maintainable code
- Passionate about emerging technologies, and a desire to lead the team to adopt technologies for the right reasons
- Strong desire to collaborate on building tools to improve the developer experience
- Proven ability to respectfully influence architectural and technical decisions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with building mobile applications and APIs
- Experience with working in a container environment like Docker
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins
Eventbrite is a the world’s largest self-service ticketing platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Back to top