APAC Head of Marketing
In the near future, the majority of Eventbrite’s business will come from outside of the United States. The company is currently in a phase of strong international growth, with offices in 13 countries and having powered events in over 180 countries. In Australia, we have ambitious growth plans for the AU/NZ market, with the potential to enter the greater AsiaPac region. We’re looking for scrappy and fearless team members to be part of this growth story.
The primary objective for the Head of Marketing is to develop, direct and oversee Eventbrite Asia Pacific’s marketing/business strategies and activities to achieve revenue, sales and profit targets.
APAC is one of Eventbrite’s fastest growing and most important markets, where every year we empower tens of thousands of event organisers to achieve their goals using Eventbrite’s platform. The small but mighty Australia-based Marketing team is responsible for driving continued business growth in the region across all stages of the marketing lifecycle. This includes brand awareness, customer acquisition/retention, and demand generation, with a dual focus on both the Sales and self-service areas of the business.
Reporting directly into the General Manager - APAC, you’ll be a key part of the region’s leadership team, and a key contributor to the overall strategy - ensuring continued rapid growth and commercial success.
You’ll be responsible for providing leadership to the Melbourne-based marketing team; the marketing strategy and ensuring effective execution.
You’ll also work closely with our international marketing teams based in our San Francisco headquarters and other Eventbrite markets.
We’re looking for a strategic, commercially-minded and creative marketing leader, who can lead, inspire, and mentor a team. You will be a strategic and analytical thinker, who blends deep experience in B2B marketing with creative energy that inspires action. You keenly understand acquisition marketing and demand generation, and have a strong sense for how to use a range of marketing channels to drive growth throughout the customer acquisition funnel and beyond. You have led teams before, and are comfortable operating in markets with multiple customer segments and verticals as well as a range of customer value tiers.
You are comfortable and confident when faced with ambiguity, excited to roll up your sleeves, figure it out and make it happen. You disrupt the status quo, go all in, and constantly innovate and create.
THE SKILL SET
- A proven track record of mentoring and developing a Marketing team, from recruiting to onboarding, to training and ongoing professional development. Proven ability to develop and motivate staff. A phenomenal people leader;
- 10+ years of Marketing experience, ideally in a SaaS business or marketplace and with a deep knowledge of digital marketing;
- A broad skill set comprising expertise and knowledge in brand, communications, product marketing, demand generation, digital channel marketing and customer lifecycle marketing;
- A fast learner with a proven ability to adapt in real time in a fast changing environment;
- A strategic mindset. Experience in market analysis and strategic planning. Able to develop, clearly articulate and execute a strategic vision;
- Experience managing an OPEX budget including strategic investment allocation and ongoing tracking and measurement;
- Experience in both B2B and B2C is highly desired;
- Ability to work closely with all functions and teams across the business. A team player that helps the collective organisation achieve more;
- An ability to lead complex projects and implementation across business groups and functions;
- Highly creative with a lean towards innovative approaches to marketing and problem solving;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Attention to detail, organised and thorough with desire for continuous improvement;
- Strong work ethic, with a proven desire to achieve and ability to perform in a complex, multi-disciplinary role.
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
- Experience in a high growth technology business
Eventbrite is the world’s largest ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences around the globe. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
Back to top