This role is will play an integral part of achieving our objective to develop and streamline processes related to accounts receivable, invoicing, collections, and contributing to other initiatives owned by the Revenue Accounting team.
The Revenue Accounting team is responsible for ensuring that we report complete and accurate revenue and cost of revenue numbers in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in a timely manner. We are looking to expand our team as our business continues to scale. We focus on building out our systems infrastructure with our business partners to ensure that we can achieve our ambitious company goals while simultaneously improving our close process.
You will lead the AR processes and contribute to the overall revenue accounting function at Eventbrite. This role offers a unique opportunity for someone who is solution-oriented and exhibits leadership qualities to develop and maintain AR processes as we look to expand toward expanding this function. The ideal candidate for this position is a problem solver, detail oriented, has excellent communication skills and enjoys a fast paced environment. High-level responsibilities include:
- Maintain invoice queue in Salesforce
- Prepare monthly journals for invoiced revenue
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly AR aging and track uncollectible balances
- Involvement in various revenue driven projects initiated to improve the revenue reconciliation process, month-end close process and deliverables related to financial statement audits
- Work with Senior Revenue Accountants to perform analysis of revenue and cost of revenue metrics and continuously help to improve efficiencies of the revenue process
- Assist with ad hoc projects and tasks related to revenue that may involve working with teams across the business to understand revenue implications
THE SKILL SET
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3-5 years of accounting experience, preferably with an emphasis on AR
- Efficient time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with strict deadlines
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills; experience with Workday a plus
- Driven, self-motivated, and seeks constructive feedback
- Collaborative and has the ability to build rapport with all levels of an organization
- Prior start-up experience
- Experience with Salesforce, Workday
Eventbrite is the world’s largest ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of events in 180 countries in 2017. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records