Eventbrite is the world’s largest self-service ticketing platform. We build the technology to allow anyone to create, share, find and attend events that fuel their passions and enrich their lives. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, air guitar competitions, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions - you name it, we power it. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences.
There are a lot of exciting things going on behind the scenes at Eventbrite. Our continued global growth has led to building out a best in class Accounting team. We’ve evolved from a scrappy, all-hands-on-deck Accounting operation, and are now positioned to be the organized, well-oiled Accounting organization that powers the financial stability of our rapidly growing business. The European Finance team is responsible for ensuring the timely reporting of European consolidated financial reporting and support for footnotes (e.g. balance sheet, corresponding recons and support, etc.) in accordance with US-GAAP as well as the statutory reporting requirements.
We are building a scalable and compliant month-end close process that will provide management with complete and accurate world-wide US-GAAP numbers and analysis in a timely manner. As an Accounting Manager, you’ll play a pivotal part in improving our ERP system to ensure we’re building scalable systems and processes. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll help drive accounting efficiencies across the organization.
This role is an integral part of the Finance Organization, ensuring we can provide timely and accurate financial statements to our management team and BoD/investors. You’ll support various business initiatives (such as launching new international entities) to ensure that we have the right processes in place to provide timely and accurate financials. If you love to create order out of chaos, and want to work on international projects, we want to speak with you.
- Manage the month, quarter, and year-end close procedures, including review of journal entries, account reconciliations, analysis of results, close calendar and close reporting packagE
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for more complex areas of accounting, such as equity, leases and compensation reconciliations
- Own monthly consolidation and oversee relationships with international Accounting leaders to ensure compliance with policies as well as develop operational processes which streamline efforts as Eventbrite continues to scale
- Perform flux analysis on P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Liaise with Corporate Finance and Business Unit Partners to generate, record, reconcile, and maintain accrual balances and monthly budget versus actual analyses
- Support the external audit of the company’s financial statements, including preparation of audit schedules and responding to auditor questions and requests
- Facilitate the Accounting team’s commitment to timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP and internal controls
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement within the close process and implement process improvements
- Lead, mentor, and provide support to a team of 3 (one financial accountant and two accounts payable accountants)
- Assist with review of various finance areas as directed by the European Financial Controller
- Help establish and maintain financial policies and procedures
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management
THE SKILL SET
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or other economic studies
- Fluent Dutch and English
- RA or equivalent strongly preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, with at least 3 years of Big 4 public accounting firm experience
- Disciplined self-starter and team player
- Possesses passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results; action oriented
- Extremely detail oriented but yet possesses an understanding of the "big picture”
- Experience managing a team and exceptional aptitude for project management and multitasking
- Strong systems knowledge, including the ability to quickly learn new systems and is able to identify ways to automate processes
- In depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, specifically, strong experience with consolidation and equity required
- Must have the ability to proactively and creatively approach problem solving in order to execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must have excellent critical thinking and prioritization skills, as well as strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization.
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills; solution oriented individual
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Must have strong organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Workday Financials experience is a hugee PLUS
WHAT TO EXPECT
- An attractive salary package
- All the tools you need (MacBook, big monitor)
- Working in a fast paced, international environment
- Flexible work environment supporting sliding hours and understanding small leave of absences
- Room for personal growth in one of Netherlands biggest ticketing companies
- A young dynamic team with a ‘let's make it happen’ mentality
- Catered lunch three days per week
- Team lunches and team events
- Lots of fancy snacks, fruits, drinks & happy hours
- Allowances for commute, sports and wellness
Eventbrite is the world’s largest ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of events in 180 countries in 2017. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Back to top