Workforce Management Specialist
The Workforce Management Specialist uses customer support volume forecasts to accurately project future staffing requirements across multiple channels, and recommends the optimal resource allocation and coverage plan to ensure service level objectives are met.
This role is a part of the Support Operations team, we are a key contributor to the success of the Member Services group. We provide operational support and analysis to enable human, effortless support for Etsy's buyers and sellers.
This role will collaborate closely with support and operational leads and third-party vendors daily, and will also conduct research and assist by recommending solutions to increase efficiency and reduce overall operating costs.
This position is located in Brooklyn, NY.
About the Role
- Delivers daily, weekly and quarterly plans to allocate resources to maintain service levels while minimizing operating costs
- Monitors real-time service levels, queue volume, and agent availability to support service level and cost per resolution targets
- Calls the plays to realign resources in real-time to optimize coverage and meet needs
- Assists with the deployment, development, and management of a new Workforce Management technology solution
- Leads the creation and implementation of new scheduling and resource allocation strategies for support agents
- Actively ensures coverage matches the arrival patterns of support volume and recommends solutions, such as adjusting shifts and/or re-prioritizing agent activities
- Produces and reviews reporting; recommends productivity and efficiency improvements
- Communicates metric outcomes to organizational partners
- You’ve done this before!
- You’re a self-starter who brings meaningful experience to the table.
- You have 2+ years of customer support, workforce strategy or contact center experience.
- You have proven success owning and driving metrics related to customer support or workforce management.
- You're proficient with using Excel and have intermediate knowledge of formula definitions.
- You are comfortable with capturing, storing and reporting on historical statistics and trends over time.
- You have experience working with SQL and business reporting tools (i.e. Looker).
- You've successfully implemented and/or utilized a workforce management system.
- You're passionate about outperforming key business outcomes in a highly ambiguous, active, hands-on work environment.
- You are highly effective at partnering within an organization.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top