We are looking for a high-impact marketing leader with deep experience in performance marketing (especially in digital channels, including paid search, SEO, PLA, social, programmatic display and retargeting) and accustomed to solving complex marketing optimization problems and developing strategies across multiple channels of customer acquisition.
The experienced candidate will help with building and growing a consumer brand at scale, and will work with the team to develop and execute plans to innovate and evolve the successful Etsy brand and marketing work that has been done with date. You will be well versed in all online marketing activities and channels, with full ownership for all metrics on customer acquisition, conversion, and retention, and a track record of optimizing spend and creating critical mass in marketing.
Another key success factor will be the ability to build strong relationships with people and teams across the whole organization. They will lead and develop a growing team of marketers, and will work closely with matrixed teams around the company. The ideal candidate will have an intuitive sense for building products and businesses for a 21st Century brand that is an umbrella for over a million micro-entrepreneurs (our sellers) and their sub-brands, and understand what makes our brand special. If you’re a passionate buyer and/or seller on etsy.com, even better!
Reporting to the General Manager of Buyers at Etsy, the VP of Marketing will be responsible for all paid and unpaid traffic and buyer acquisition channels, CRM, retention, and marketing partnerships globally for the company. This role is a key member of the company’s operating leadership team, and will own the budget, metrics, strategy and execution of our marketing programs, and the roadmap for optimizing our spend to deliver maximum return on investment.
This position in based in Brooklyn, NY.
About the Role:
- Envision and articulate the overall marketing strategy
- Create and maintain long-term roadmaps for marketing optimization, which align to the Etsy’s larger Buyer and Seller roadmap
- Define and clearly articulate guidelines, principles, expectations, goals and success metrics for marketing
- Own accountability for key initiatives within marketing
- Work closely and collaboratively with our other teams (especially our product teams) to realize the full scale and potential of marketing
- Recruit incredible talent and build amazing teams
- Be a public face of our marketing and brand, communicating our long-term direction to the community regularly.
- 10+ years of experience leading business and marketing initiatives
- You must have deep experience in performance marketing, especially in paid digital channels
- You’ve scaled an amazing consumer business, which has been loved globally by many
- You’ve optimized marketing channels and spend according to rigorous metrics on investment return
- You’ve recruited and managed high-performing teams at scale
- You’ve aligned business needs and strategy with marketing strategy seamlessly
- You’ve built marketing plans, and accurately forecasted opportunity and growth for business lines driven by those plans
- You’ve worked closely as a partner to high-performing product and engineering teams
- You’ve worked in a two-sided marketplace or e-commerce business
- You’ve interacted with, supported and grown passionate online communities
- You’ve worked in a fast paced environment where a great idea in the morning can be realized by afternoon
- Inspiring, engaging communication style; optimistic and forward; good sense of humor
- Inspires excellence and leads by example
- Natural collaborator who knows how to drive crisp decision-making
- Accountable for both wins and losses in the name of growth
- Passionate about team development and growth.
- Leads for the good of the company and the customer, not for the good of themselves
- Data-driven but able to make gut calls in the absence of data
- Know when to say “no” to merely good projects in the pursuit of greatness
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.