User Experience Researcher - Seller Insights
About the Role:
- This is an opportunity to contribute to the research practice for our growing and rapidly evolving online marketplace.
- Partner with product managers, designers and marketers to define project scopes and carry out research, drawing on a range of user research methods and UX best practices.
- Recruit for and conduct on-site, remote, and in-field user research studies with Etsy sellers
- Provide usability assessments (e.g., heuristic evaluations) for products under development
- Work closely with other researchers and data analysts to develop holistic approaches to meeting stakeholder needs
- Share tangible findings and prioritized recommendations with the teams on a regular basis, making connections between seller needs and Etsy’s business goals and priorities
- Manage third-party research vendors as necessary
- Evangelize user research best practices across the company
- You know how to conduct professional-quality user experience research, incorporating both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Have 2-4 years’ experience conducting user experience research, employing methods such as user interviews, contextual inquiry, journey mapping, participatory design, and usability testing
- Preferred: experience with SQL, Qualtrics, remote testing tools, experiment design
- Are comfortable with the logistical challenges and workflows of recruiting for research
- You work well with others, and have solid instincts about when to hold the line on methodological rigor, and when to adapt to the changing demands of a project.
- You approach your work with a genuine sense of curiosity and you’re willing to challenge conventional wisdom to find the right answer.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of a range of user research methods and a solid grasp of contemporary trends in Web and app design
- Can hold your own in a meeting and present with a customer-centric point of view
- Are self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Rachel designs products that the Etsy team will use internally. She works closely with co-workers she designs for and aims to solve their immediate problems with her designs.
Back to top