Temporary Customer Support Advisor, English + German languages (Brooklyn)
About The Role
- The Member Operations team works on the front lines, ensuring our members have the best possible experience on Etsy.
- Etsy is evolving all the time, and our community turns to us as site experts who can offer guidance in a direct yet friendly way.
- We correspond directly with members by email, offering tips, resolving problems, and pointing them toward the right resources.
- We troubleshoot problems, walk members through new features, and help sellers to maximise their small businesses’ potential on our platform.
- You must Speak English and German fluently.
- You have prior customer service and/or E-Commerce experience.
- You have excellent writing skills; injecting your personality into your writing comes easy.
- You are a natural problem-solver -- sometimes solving more than one problem at a time.
- Have a high comfort level with information technology and internet-related issues.
- While we don’t expect you to be an expert you should be comfortable with technology, adapting to new systems.
- You should have the ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience effectively be able to convey the essential information in different audience settings.
- You also possess a positive, roll-up-your-sleeves-and-help attitude, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment within team structures.
- We'd like for you to have a willingness to keep a flexible schedule, which may include one weekend shift a week.
- You have experience working in a multilingual and multicultural environment, dealing with customers from a variety of backgrounds.
- You are strong team player with a positive and productive manner.
- You also have an upbeat “can do” attitude; composure under pressure
- Optional; being a member of the Etsy Community -- we LOVE to hire Etsy buyers and sellers with a strong appreciation for artisanal products and a DIY ethic.
- You live the handmade ethos and appreciate how stories, connections, and e-commerce can be blended together to create meaningful shopping experiences on the Web.
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Senior Director, User Experience
Alex oversees Etsy’s User Experience Team. He focuses his questions on how to create integrated and friendly experiences for both buyers and sellers in the Etsy marketplace.
Back to top