Staff Software Engineer, Machine Learning Infrastructure (BK)
Etsy is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Machine Learning Infrastructure team to build the next generation Machine Learning Platform and help us connect buyers and sellers in meaningful ways.
This is a full-time role located in Brooklyn, NY, San Francisco, CA, or Toronto, Canada.
The Machine Learning Infrastructure team is part of Etsy's data organization. Our mission is to simplify the development and deployment of machine learning models at Etsy. For many sellers, Etsy is their primary source of income, and we work hard to support them. We continue to improve our portfolio to ship new relevance based AI products every year. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with our Data Science and ML team, Data Platform team and many more product squads. We’re a growing team with huge impact that builds tools and platform capabilities for data scientists and ML engineers to access feature data, build machine learning models, test hypotheses and productionize them on our ML platform hosted in Google Cloud. We value empathy, communication and technical skills equally.
About the Job:
- Design, build and evolve the core ML Platform components and services
- Work cross-functionally with various product engineering, data engineering and data science teams
- Mentor and help grow other engineers on the team
- You are a senior engineer with 7+ years of experience in machine learning, infrastructure engineering and/or distributed systems who takes pride in building large scale, high performance and fault tolerant systems
- You are hyper-focused on (even obsessed with!) code quality and can lead a team in improving the quality of existing codebases
- You have helped drive the development of a platform, with a strong focus on developer experience
- You have worked with machine learning and understand the needs of data scientists and ML engineers
- You can define and solve unconstrained problems and know when to seek help
- You are comfortable collaborating closely with other engineers, engineering leaders, data scientists and product managers
- You have a “leave it better than you found it” mentality and are willing to work with and improve on code you did not originally write
- You love to experiment and use data to drive decision-making
- You are generous with your time and experience and can mentor other engineers
- You are mindful and transparent in your communication with others
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skill sets.
Back to top