Staff Accountant, Consolidations and Reporting
- Total experience of 1-4 years in public accounting or in a fast-growing mid-tier company. Experience working at a publicly-traded company is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Basic accounting knowledge base with a strong interest in expanding skill set.
- The ability to work independently and follow tasks through to completion and meet commitments, proactively, seeking guidance as necessary.
- Appreciate the value of working in a team with the ability to collaborate with peers and colleagues across the company.
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and actively work to find solutions.
- Critical thinking skills and the capability to translate concepts into next steps and ideas.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide. leadership and structure in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel; Workday knowledge is a plus.
About the Role
- Track progress of the month end close process, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Prepare monthly worldwide consolidation of Etsy financial statements, including validation of applicable FX rates and elimination of intercompany activity and balances.
- Prepare and consolidates accounting information reported by legal entities, including preparation of consolidated balance sheet and income statement analytics.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations relating to intercompany transactions, fixed assets, leases and goodwill and intangible assets.
- Ensure the financial records are maintained in compliance with US GAAP and with internal policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development and preparation of monthly internal reporting package.
- Support the FP&A team in preparation of monthly management reporting package.
- Support the SEC Reporting team with consolidation of key performance indicators for various disclosures in the Company’s Form 10-Q and Form 10-K.
- Assist in fulfilling audit requirements, as needed.
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Senior Director, User Experience
Alex oversees Etsy’s User Experience Team. He focuses his questions on how to create integrated and friendly experiences for both buyers and sellers in the Etsy marketplace.
Back to top