Staff Accountant, Consolidations and Reporting
- Total experience of 1-4 years in public accounting or in a fast-growing mid-tier company. Experience working at a publicly-traded company is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Basic accounting knowledge base with a strong interest in expanding skill set.
- The ability to work independently and follow tasks through to completion and meet commitments, proactively, seeking guidance as necessary.
- Appreciate the value of working in a team with the ability to collaborate with peers and colleagues across the company.
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and actively work to find solutions.
- Critical thinking skills and the capability to translate concepts into next steps and ideas.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide. leadership and structure in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel; Workday knowledge is a plus.
About the Role
- Track progress of the month end close process, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Prepare monthly worldwide consolidation of Etsy financial statements, including validation of applicable FX rates and elimination of intercompany activity and balances.
- Prepare and consolidates accounting information reported by legal entities, including preparation of consolidated balance sheet and income statement analytics.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations relating to intercompany transactions, fixed assets, leases and goodwill and intangible assets.
- Ensure the financial records are maintained in compliance with US GAAP and with internal policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development and preparation of monthly internal reporting package.
- Support the FP&A team in preparation of monthly management reporting package.
- Support the SEC Reporting team with consolidation of key performance indicators for various disclosures in the Company’s Form 10-Q and Form 10-K.
- Assist in fulfilling audit requirements, as needed.
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Rachel designs products that the Etsy team will use internally. She works closely with co-workers she designs for and aims to solve their immediate problems with her designs.
Back to top