Etsy is building the world’s most vibrant handmade marketplace, and we're looking for a Staff Accountant specializing in Revenue to join the Accounting team in Brooklyn.
We are seeking to support Etsy’s growth by ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and a strong and sustainable internal control environment. Our goal is to contribute to Etsy at multiple levels by combining strong accounting and business sense, while subscribing to Etsy’s mission and values.
You will support the Accounting Manager and Senior Accountant(s) specializing in global revenue recognition to serve as the primary person to coordinate and organize source data reports, third party reporting, and cash transactions impacting these key financial areas. Ultimately you’ll be preparing monthly journal entries and reconciliations as part of the monthly close process. This role will also support the financial reporting processes.
About the Role
- You’ll be responsible for the reconciliations of all US operating cash accounts
- Record all revenue or cost of revenue related cash receipts/disbursements and reconcile to bank statements on a weekly basis
- Research and resolve any new or unusual cash activity, reconcile to third-party reports if available
- Compile data and prepare journal entries for certain revenue-related sales taxes - involves coordination with the tax team
- You will assist with special projects as requested by US finance/accounting team or local offices
- Perform balance sheet analytics
- Other ad hoc items/projects, as necessary
- BS Degree in Accounting, CPA certification a plus
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Accounting at a public accounting firm
- Big 4 public accounting firm experience preferred
- Experience successfully handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent computer skills, particularly in navigating detailed system-generated source reports, downloading and manipulating data
- Experience with revenue recognition is a plus
- You have extraordinary organizational and time-management skills, with high attention to detail
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Workday knowledge is a plus
- Confident working independently and following tasks through to completion and meeting commitments, actively seeking mentorship as necessary
- You’re able to work in a team environment, with the ability to collaborate with geographically-dispersed individuals across a wide broad range of operational, functional and technical disciplines
- Multinational experience and exposure to related VAT requirements is a plus
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top