Sr. Engineer, Machine Learning Infrastructure - Toronto (NOC 2173)
The total compensation package includes a base salary, target yearly bonus and company equity. The base salary will be $155,000 CAD plus 10% yearly target bonus. In addition $50,000 USD per year for equity.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Benefits: Eligible for bonuses and/or salary increases. In addition, eligible for extended health care, dental care, disability (week indemnity and long term disability), life insurance, AD&D.
Etsy is looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer to join our Machine Learning Infrastructure team and help us connect buyers and sellers in meaningful ways.
This is a full-time role located in Toronto, Canada.
The Machine Learning Infrastructure team is part of Etsy's Search Sciences group. Our mission is to build, evolve, and scale state-of-the-art machine learning system infrastructure powering Etsy’s search and AI platform. We continue to improve our portfolio to ship new relevance based AI products every year. We’re a small team with huge impact that owns and operates all system components powering Etsy’s search and ML platforms and aims to utilize automation to ensure our infrastructure scales independently of the size of the team. We value empathy, communication and technical skills equally. You’ll be a key engineer contributing to the design, development and operation of our next-generation ML infrastructure systems. You'll work with our ranking, data science, big data and infrastructure partners to implement scalable solutions to complex problems.
About the Role
- Design, build and evolve the core ML system infrastructure
- Work cross-functionally with various engineering teams
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews
- Collect and document users’ requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems including mobile applications
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems including mobile applications
- Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
- May lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems
- 4 years of work experience as an engineer with Machine Learning, System Infrastructure and/or distributed systems background that takes pride in building large scale, high performance and fault tolerant systems.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field such as computer science is required
- Master’s degree is considered an asset
- Experience with high-volume real time and batch streaming data in a machine learning environment
- Experience with Hadoop and MapReduce-based / equivalent architectures is considered an asset
- Experience with Docker or a similar container framework and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- Experience building/managing/operating environments in public cloud such as Google/AWS would be a big plus
- Strong understanding of Big Data, Machine Learning algorithms and techniques
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top