You will be implementing frameworks and tools to support Etsy Engineering’s mission to pay down technical debt while also leveling up to ensure our frameworks are executed well in the cloud. Projects would include iterating on existing platforms and building new systems incorporating a mix of in-house and third party applications.
This is an exciting time to join Etsy, as this engineering team embarks on next-generation work. It’s an opportunity to be part of the team that brings clarity to the health and state of the engineering department. You can learn more about our engineering philosophies, tools, and some of the challenges we’ve been solving on our Engineering blog: http://codeascraft.com/
This full-time role is located in Brooklyn. Remotes are also welcome!
About the Role
- You'll be helping our CTO develop and improve engineering metrics.
- You’ll be helping to reduce barriers to testing for engineers.
- You'll also be able to use Etsy's Continuous Deployment architecture to push code to production early and often. Most of our engineers push code in the first week!
- Experience with Bamboo/Jenkins for continuous integrationShell scripting/Linux scripting.
- You have led or been involved in behavioral shifts pertaining to code quality in any previous role.
- Experience working with cross functional Infrastructure teams to ship products.
- Strong communication and self management skills.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, or relevant experience.
- Experience with React is a plus!
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.