Senior User Experience Researcher - Seller Insights
About the Role:
- This is an opportunity to contribute to the research practice for our growing and rapidly evolving online marketplace.
- Partner with product managers, designers and marketers to guide product development and refinement, drawing on a range of user research methods and UX best practices
- Define project scopes, applying appropriate qualitative and quantitative methodologies to answer core research questions
- Recruit for and conduct on-site, remote, and in-field user research studies with Etsy sellers
- Provide usability assessments (e.g., heuristic evaluations) for products under development
- Work closely with other researchers and data analysts to develop holistic approaches to meeting stakeholder needs
- Share tangible findings and prioritized recommendations with the teams on a regular basis, making connections between seller needs and Etsy’s business goals and priorities
- Manage third-party research vendors as necessary
- Evangelize user research best practices across the company
- Can demonstrate an in-depth understanding of a range of user research methods and a solid grasp of contemporary trends in Web and app design
- Have 4-6 years’ experience conducting user experience research, employing methods such as user interviews, contextual inquiry, journey mapping, participatory design, and usability testing
- Are comfortable with the logistical challenges and workflows of recruiting for research
- Can hold your own in a meeting and present with a customer-centric point of view
- Are self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Preferred: experience with SQL, Qualtrics, remote testing tools, experiment design
- You know how to conduct professional-quality user experience research, incorporating both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- You work well with others, and have solid instincts about when to hold the line on methodological rigor, and when to adapt to the changing demands of a project.
- Most importantly, you approach your work with a genuine sense of curiosity and you’re willing to challenge conventional wisdom to find the right answer.
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Rachel designs products that the Etsy team will use internally. She works closely with co-workers she designs for and aims to solve their immediate problems with her designs.
Back to top