Senior Technical Project Manager, International Products -San Francisco
As a Technical Project Manager on Etsy’s Localization and Translation team, you’ll collaborate with engineers, designers, and product managers to help build amazing local experiences for buyers and sellers around the world.
The Localization and Translation team works across Etsy to build a strong internationalization infrastructure and also develop strategic, market-specific product initiatives. We also work closely with Etsy's research organization, data analyst group, international offices, and our search science team to identify localization needs and opportunities. As a result, the Localization and Translation team affects every part of Etsy, from our consumer products to our internal tools and processes.
We are motivated by curiosity and humility. We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving and have a natural drive to figure out how everything works. We believe in keeping it real. Etsy’s mission and values are a part of everything we do. We care about how our work affects real people in the community and enjoy opportunities to meet them.
As our Technical Project Manager, you will collaborate with our engineers, data scientists, product designers and product managers throughout search to sustainably and effectively drive projects to completion.
About the Role
- Act as scrum master in our scrum meetings, and follow up on action items from our retrospectives.
- Help the team resolve issues as they come up, and raise them with product and engineering management to clear blockers.
- Be the source of truth for the state of each team’s projects by reporting on key project metrics and sending out sprint summaries.
- Act as our historian: help us keep our internal documentation up to date with an accurate picture of what has happened and what’s to come.
- Keep our path to the future free of debris: as our product backlogs change, work with our product owners to keep our product backlog relevant.
- You have been a Project Manager in the software industry.
- You have a deep understanding of the entire lifecycle of engineering and web development projects.
- You have helped multiple teams optimize and adapt their development process to succeed for different personalities and needs.
- You have a passion for learning and self-improvement.
- You care deeply about maintaining a sustainable software development process where Product, Design, Engineering, and you collaborate.
- You love team building and facilitation, including leading meetings, and problem resolution/mediation.
- You have led projects involving technical operations and new software product/service development.
- You know how to effectively work with remote team members and business partners.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top