Senior Technical Project Manager, Corp IT & Security
Etsy is looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager with a passion for Agile who will lead and inspire exciting technology changes and rapid implementation of innovative new ideas.
Etsy is actively preparing to move systems to a cloud provider, and the Senior Technical Project Manager position is a key role in making this a successful story. This is an exciting and revolutionary time to join us as Etsy's engineering team embarks on its next generation work. We are offering an opportunity to be part of the fast-moving organization that connects millions of sellers and customers.
This is a full-time role located in Brooklyn, NY.
About the Role:
- Successful track record and consistent project success anchored by the establishment and exceeding of measurable goals.
- You can confidently guide projects in an iterative manner that keeps long term goals and fixed date milestones achievable.
- You have the ability to operate in a lean, rapid growth environment.
- A very organized leader with strong persuasive abilities.
- Strong presence and highly influential both externally as well as internally at the senior management level.
- You are decisive - you gather the data and makes informed, critical decisions quickly.
- You actively uphold an optimistic, can-do attitude.
- Driven to succeed, achievement oriented, self-motivated.
- Creative problem solving skills as well as the ability to ignite the creativity of others.
- High integrity, principles, and ethics.
- 5+ years of experience with technical project management.
- 3+ years of experience with an agile framework.
- 3+ years experience working with and understanding Cloud environments.
- You have experience leading architecture and infrastructure migration projects (specially to the Cloud).
- You have significant agile/lean experience in a product owner or scrum master role, organizations leveraging lean/agile methodologies and in depth experience with specific agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, or SAFE.
- You capably elicit high level requirements from both business and technical stakeholders, and can translate those into a detailed, prioritized backlog of work actionable by systems engineers and software developers.
- You actively exercise your advanced verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- You naturally exude team-building, motivating, and conflict-resolving qualities.
- You obsess over delivering quality project results on-time and on-budget.
- Scrum master certification desirable; certified scrum product owner highly desirable.
- Experience leading multiple 6+ month architecture and infrastructure migration projects (especially to the Cloud).
- Deep understanding of one or more Cloud environments/providers.
- Strong background understanding and working with mixed profiles such as Systems Engineers and Software Developers.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top