Senior Software Engineer, Seller Insights
Etsy is hiring data-minded Software Engineers to join our Seller Insights team within our product organization. This is a unique opportunity to work on a large, fascinating set of data while having a measurable effect on our customers’ experience.
Our marketplace contains one-of-a-kind items from independent artists, designers, and vintage collectors. These users comprise a dynamic global community of millions of sellers who expect Etsy to help them manage their advertising portfolio and offer high-quality recommendations about how to scale their businesses.
Are you passionate about empowering the growth of millions of small businesses? Passionate about giving our sellers the tools they need to understand the health of those businesses? Are you as passionate about building tools for end users as you are about data pipelines and quality?
This is a full-time role located in Brooklyn, NY.
We are language-agnostic in our approach to interviewing.
About the Team
- Our team builds products for Etsy sellers to understand and drive success and growth of their business. As an engineer on our team, you will play a huge role in building tools that determine success for our sellers. Here’s a taste of the problems we’re solving:
- How should we architect an analytics pipeline to handle the massive amount of data we report to sellers to gauge the success of their businesses?
- How might we iterate on our big data jobs to deliver rapid results throughout the day?
- What’s the best way to structure and interpret our data, such that we can draw rich insights from user behavior?
- Our production systems rely on Scala, Hadoop, and Google Cloud Platform; we are proud to have an engineering culture that encourages career growth and learning.
- You can learn more about our philosophies, tools, and some of the challenges we’ve been solving on our Engineering blog: http://codeascraft.com/
- You will do well in this role if you:
- Have an interest in big data (bonus points if you’ve worked on data-intensive systems before)
- Are an analytical thinker and understand how to wield data to make informed decisions about your work
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Enjoy thinking about the implications of your work on end users. You are comfortable collaborating with Product Managers and Designers to ensure that you’re delivering impactful product features.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top