Senior Software Engineer, Marketing Technology
Etsy's Senior Software Engineer collaborates with a team to build engaging and effective user experiences for the Etsy community.
Etsy is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Marketing Technology initiative. Our marketplace has an abundance of one-of-a-kind items from independent artists, designers and vintage collectors from around the world. Our challenge? Make it easier for buyers to find these remarkable goods and for creative entrepreneurs to run their businesses. Do you have the skills, passion and empathy to take on this task? Are you excited about building products that thrill our buyers and empower millions of small businesses?
The team is open to either remote candidates or candidates located in the Brooklyn HQ.
About the Team
The technical staff at Etsy believes that code is craft, and that the work we do is part of a larger creative culture represented by the hundreds of thousands of inspired artists and designers who make Etsy such a unique marketplace. We believe that small, empowered, self-motivated teams can do big things. We believe in measuring everything, taking advantage of our pioneering continuous deployment system to ship code early and often, and a blameless culture based on trust and a commitment to learning. The Marketing Technology initiative is a brand new, highly specialized and visible group within the product engineering organization at Etsy. The teams within this initiative focus on enabling both buyer and seller marketing programs such as Customer Relationship Marketing, Performance Marketing, Product Marketing and Brand Marketing. This team is responsible for driving seller product adoption, user engagement and promoting increased number of new and repeat visits on Etsy, which include both web and native apps.
Learn more about our engineering philosophies, tools, and some of the challenges we’ve been solving on our Engineering blog: http://codeascraft.com/
About the Role
- Build delightful marketing products and experiences for people buying and selling with Etsy.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex business problems.
- Utilize our in-house analytics tools to gather information and gain insights for both quantitative and qualitative methods to guide decisions.
- Interface with our cross-functional teams and business partners at Etsy as well as third parties for integrations.
- You have extensive experience building web technologies and enjoy more customer-centric and product focus.
- You have prior working knowledge and experience with third party integrations.
- You are comfortable collaborating closely with product managers and designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- You have a “leave it better than you found it” mentality, and are willing to work with and improve on code you did not originally write.
- You love to experiment and use data to drive decision-making.
- You love mentoring other engineers.
- You will be a mindful, transparent, and communicative member of your team.
- Love to have ownership of work from ideation through completion.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top