Senior Software Engineer, Marketing Technology
Etsy is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our marketing technology initiative.
About Marketing Technology
The team is tasked with designing, building and optimizing backend systems to support the company’s growing marketing operation. We work at the intersection of data engineering and machine learning engineering, but with a marketing theme.
The team is open to either remote candidates or candidates located in the Brooklyn HQ.
About the Role
- Design, develop and improve data-heavy systems that will drive our marketing strategy.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex business problems. Marketing is a well trodden space so we are looking for out-of-the-box thinkers to help us make Etsy’s marketing operation world-class.
- Interface with our cross-functional teams and business partners.
- You have extensive experience building scalable backend systems.
- You are comfortable collaborating closely with product managers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- You have a “leave it better than you found it” mentality, and are willing to work with and improve on code you did not originally write.
- You love to experiment and use data to drive decision-making.
- You enjoy mentoring other engineers.
- You take pride in owning work from ideation through completion.
About the Team
The technical staff at Etsy believes that code is craft, and that the work we do is part of a larger creative culture represented by the hundreds of thousands of inspired artists and designers who make Etsy such a unique marketplace. We believe that small, empowered, self-motivated teams can do big things. We believe in measuring everything, taking advantage of our pioneering continuous deployment system to ship code early and often, and a blameless culture based on trust and a commitment to learning. The Marketing Technology initiative is a brand new, highly specialized and visible group within the product engineering organization at Etsy. The teams within this initiative focus on enabling both buyer and seller marketing programs such as Customer Relationship Marketing, Performance Marketing, Product Marketing and Brand Marketing. This team is responsible for driving seller product adoption, user engagement and promoting increased number of new and repeat visits on Etsy, which include both web and native apps.
Learn more about our engineering philosophies, tools, and some of the challenges we’ve been solving on our Engineering blog: http://codeascraft.com/
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top