Senior Software Engineer, Dev Platform
The Dev Platform team is responsible for allocating and delivering computing resources to the entire Etsy organization. We are a key player in Etsy’s push to become cloud native. We are part of the Developer Infra group whose mission is to provide development environments, tools and infrastructure to enable Etsy product engineers to build product features and efficiently and confidently put them into production.
Some examples of current projects include the implementation of a CI pipeline for ensuring Terraform safety, improving the development experience and workflow for all teams and the implementation of a self-service development environment management system.
About the Role:
- Maintain and improve Etsy’s provisioning tools, allowing rapid deployment of service capacity
- Building tools that make it easy to take advantage of Etsy infrastructure
- Identifying opportunities to improve our architecture, operability or capabilities
- Using data to validate your hypotheses and inform your decision making
- Collaborating with your teammates and peers across Platform and Product Engineering
- You’re customer focused, build with a user in mind and think of infrastructure and services in product terms
- 5 or more years experience of one or more programming languages (PHP, Python, Go, Ruby)
- You have substantial experience with cloud architectures (GCP, AWS) and associated infrastructure management tools (including Terraform, Packer, Cobbler, Koji)
- You have experience with configuration management systems and concepts (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- You have advanced knowledge of large scale Linux system administration
- You're a strong communicator and are willing to take on a mentoring role with teammates and peers
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top