Senior Software Engineer, Core Platform
The Core Platform team is part of our Product Infrastructure organization and is responsible for providing abstractions that make it easy for Etsy engineers to access and utilize our infrastructure. From implementing application libraries to developing product services, Core Platform’s mission is to increase the velocity of our product engineers. Some examples of current work include building the next generation of Etsy’s online dataset service, building out a change data capture pipeline oriented around business objects, and collaborating with our database infrastructure team on a new database abstraction layer. Core Platform plays a role in many of Etsy’s platform initiatives and is a key player in Etsy’s push to become cloud native.
About the Role
- We’re looking for engineers with experience (or a strong desire to start) building scalable and resilient critical path platform services. You should be customer focused, data driven, and excited about collaborating with your teammates and peers. Your responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining critical path product services
- Building tools and libraries that make it easy to take advantage of Etsy infrastructure
- Identifying opportunities to improve our architecture, operability, or capabilities
- Using data to validate your hypotheses and inform your decision making
- Collaborating with your teammates and peers across Platform and Product Engineering
- You’re customer focused and always build with a user in mind
- You design for observability and don't consider it an afterthought
- You're a strong communicator and know how to match the message to the medium
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top