Senior Revenue Accountant
Etsy is building the world’s most vibrant handmade marketplace, and we're looking for a Senior Accountant specializing in Revenue to join the Accounting team in Brooklyn.
We are seeking to support Etsy’s growth by ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and a strong and sustainable internal control environment. Our goal is to contribute to Etsy at multiple levels by combining strong accounting and business senses while subscribing to Etsy’s mission and values.
You will support the Accounting Manager specializing in global revenue recognition to serve as the primary person to coordinate and organize source data reports and third party reporting impacting these key financial areas. Ultimately you’ll be preparing monthly journal entries and reconciliations as part of the monthly close process. This role will also support the financial reporting processes.
About the Role
- You’ll prepare and record journal entries for various revenue streams, comparing internal queries with external data to ensure completeness and accuracy
- You will be maintaining monthly trend analysis and communication with relevant parties to record appropriate accruals for cost of revenue, as necessary
- Validate all costs related directly to revenue streams by reviewing supplier invoices and/or pulling external data. You’ll utilize historical data to maintain monthly reserve balances related to various refund and chargeback types
- You will prepare analysis over the allowance for doubtful accounts and prepare journal entries to record for bad debt write-offs
- You’ll prepare monthly cash-to-revenue reconciliation for review, identifying and documenting any reconciling items timely
- Assist Accounting Manager on any project related to a new or updated revenue stream or process, as needed
- You will assist with special projects as requested by US finance/accounting team or local offices
- Perform balance sheet analytics
- Other ad-hoc items/projects, as necessary
- BS Degree in Accounting
- CPA certification is desired
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Accounting at a Big 4 public accounting firm
- Experience successfully handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent computer skills, particularly in navigating detailed system-generated source reports, downloading and manipulating data
- Experience with revenue recognition is a plus
- You have extraordinary organizational and time-management skills, with high attention to detail
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Workday knowledge is a plus
- Confident working independently and following tasks through to completion and meeting commitments, actively seeking mentorship as necessary
- You’re able to work in a team environment, with the ability to collaborate with geographically-dispersed individuals across a wide broad range of operational, functional and technical disciplines
- Multinational experience and exposure to related VAT requirements is a plus
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top