Senior Program Manager, Cloud Accounting
About the Role
- Successful track record and consistent project success anchored by establishing and exceeding measurable goals.
- You can confidently inventory Etsy’s ever-changing cloud infrastructure, making recommendations to promote departmental cost optimization and ownership as the shared infrastructure evolves.
- You understand the full range of compute, network, and storage offerings from cloud vendors, along with the cost structures associated with those offerings.
- You are comfortable working with Finance and Accounting to analyze our cloud provider bill.
- You capably coordinate and communicate regular reporting on actuals and forecast for cloud expenses and utilization.
- You can confidently conduct opportunity cost analyses to lead large groups of engineers though complex decisions such as selecting appropropriate software tools, weighing performance, features, cost, and other risk factors on behalf of multiple stakeholding groups.
- You comfortably play a supporting role in contract negotiations with new potential partners, advocating for Etsy from a strong knowledge of engineering and business priorities.
- You excel at cross-team communication and coordination.
- You have the ability to operate in a lean, rapid growth environment.
- You actively uphold an optimistic, can-do attitude and are comfortable leading change.
- Driven to succeed, achievement oriented, self-motivated.
- Creative problem solving skills as well as the ability to ignite the creativity of others.
- High integrity, principles, and ethics.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the software industry with project or program management.
- You have at least 2 years of experience managing project or program budgets.
- You have at least 2 years of experience demonstrating an understanding of the entire lifecycle of engineering projects.
- You have a foundational understanding of GAAP as well as effect cost management strategies common in the software industry; degree in accounting or finance a plus.
- You are familiar with cloud infrastructure project work; knowledge of third party tools like CloudHealth, RightScale, or CloudCheckr a plus.
- With your analytical skills, you aspire to confidently coach engineering teams on cloud product decisions, applying an ordered methodology to weigh engineering, financial, and sustainability goals and costs.
- You have a passion for analysis and forecasting around complex systems.
- You are experienced at coordinating multiple teams and working with vendors, naturally building rapport and forming new professional relationships.
- You have a passion for learning and self-improvement.
- You care deeply about maintaining a sustainable software development process where vendor work and Engineering goals are aligned.
- You actively seek clarification and ask questions to quickly solve challenges.
- You are skilled at finding contractor resources that augment team building and productivity, with an appreciation for the value of diversity in a successful team.
- You know how to effectively work with remote team members and business partners.
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Rachel designs products that the Etsy team will use internally. She works closely with co-workers she designs for and aims to solve their immediate problems with her designs.
Back to top