The Sr. Production Designer collaborates with Etsy design teams to develop and deliver compelling and effective communications while maintaining graphic standards and consistency.
Etsy is seeking a talented, multi-versed production designer to join our design team. As a member of Etsy’s design team, you will collaborate with brand and product designers in the Brooklyn office to execute and deliver high-quality digital assets for product-focused experiences. This position is based in our Brooklyn, NY office.
About the Buyer Brand Design Team
The Buyer Brand Design team serves Etsy by creating powerful communication tools for our buyer audience. It is our mission to build the world’s best buying experience. The Buyer Brand Design team designs with the belief that the work we do is part of a larger creative culture represented by the millions of people who make Etsy a successful global marketplace. We value quality craftsmanship, an iterative design process and contributing to something larger than ourselves.
About the Job
You will work closely with the Buyer Brand Design team to build and produce digital project assets supporting Etsy.com and our buyer communications. Ideal candidates are enthusiastic about the production design process, comfortable with following creative direction, self-motivated and can work both independently and collaboratively. They oversee the end-to-end production details and enjoy experimenting with new tools, methods and approaches to streamline the production process in partnership with our project teams. Flawless design execution is their top priority.
About the Role
- Collaborate and/or coordinate with various designers, freelancers and vendors (agencies, photographers, illustrators, etc.) based on subject matter expertise related to the Etsy Buyer Brand experience.
- See design projects through the entire production design process, from development to delivery.
- Troubleshoot production challenges between partner and internal/external creative teams to achieve high-level of partner satisfaction.
- Adhere to standard operating procedures Utilize workflow technologies that support the creative team (i.e. Basecamp, digital asset management/DAM, dynamic collateral creation/DCC).
- Contribute to environment that is efficient, professional, proactive, and team oriented Champion the needs and expectations of the creative team.
- Have 3+ years experience in related graphic design production.
- Hold an undergraduate degree in Graphic Design or comparable area of study.
- Fluent with the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Have experience in a wide range of digital production and rapid prototyping techniques.
- Have experience with image optimizing, retouching, manipulation, color correction.
- Are comfortable with receiving and implementing design direction.
- Are supremely organized and exercise stellar time-management skills.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Feel comfortable working in a fast-paced design environment.
- Knowledgeable in industry standard digital production technologies for pixel-perfect branded design assets for web and apps.
- Understanding of current technical digital design trends: HTML/CSS, webfonts, animation.
- Understanding of UI/UX principles.
- Being an active Etsy seller (send URL to your shop)Having an active role in your creative community (whether that be online and/or offline).
- Understanding and experience in HTML/CSS coding.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.