Senior Product Manager, Search Matching
- San Francisco, CA
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you'll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join our Search team. Etsy has an inventory unusually unique to the e-commerce space and a customer base passionate about high quality products. As a Staff Product Manager for Search Matching, you will partner with other Search teams to build products that can understand what a buyer is truly looking for by filtering out only the most relevant items from our 89million listing inventory.
You will be accountable for the technology and algorithms critical for spanning the semantic gap between how buyers and sellers think. You will work closely with our ranking and experience teams to provide diverse listings, shops, and alternative information in a federated way. You will play a pivotal role in blending cutting edge information retrieval, economics, relevancy, and diversity research to help our customers succeed in navigating Etsy's extensive marketplace and deliver wonderful customer experiences. You will closely partner with outstanding talent across engineering, data science, seller communications and marketing as we build an industry leading search experience!
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
About the Role
- Lead product management for one of Etsy's highest performing product teams and build solutions that simplify complicated market problems.
- Define vision and strategy, setting the stage for long term, continued success
- Work with partner teams to gather input and define priorities leading to product execution
- Integrate usability studies, quantitative and qualitative research and market analysis into product design
- Define, build and analyze metrics for the success of products
- Blend applied research with strong incremental delivery
Ideally you'll bring
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of significant work experience in Search or other similar field
- Strong interpersonal sills and experience partnering with highly cross functional teams
- Familiarity with Solr and other information retrieval technologies.
- Outstanding communicator, able to talk shop with engineering partners, and communicate vision to business leaders
- Strong desire to continually innovate and incrementally deliver value
- MS, MBA or PhD preferred
- Results-oriented drive and proven ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- 7+ years product management
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational skills, and search intuition with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Experience developing Search and Machine Learning driven products or technologies is helpful
- Experience with e-commerce or two-sided marketplaces
- Experience with state of the art retrieval systems
- Experience working in R&D environments
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you've hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else - we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
Back to top