Senior Product Manager, Marketplace Trust (Brooklyn, NY)
We’re all about product that’s all about people.
If that sounds like something you’d be good at, read on.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Trust and Safety Engineering team, you'll co-create products and tools that help protect the integrity of our marketplace, keeping commerce human and safe for Etsy’s customers and for our internal partners.
Day to day, you’ll hang with partners from all sorts of disciplines and perspectives. As a experienced Product Manager, you’ll actively contribute to solving complex consumer-facing problems, developing strategies and roadmaps, as well as executing those plans to build out best-in-class prevention systems that will help protect our ecosystem & optimize experience for our buyers as well as customers.
This is a full-time position located in Brooklyn, NY.
About the Role
- Partner closely with product lead and key stakeholders to define a compelling long-term vision for the Trust & Safety ecosystem of tools at Etsy.
- Own and develop the team’s product strategy. This strategy should be clearly articulated and designed to deliver measurable customer value.
- Own and maintain the team’s product roadmap. Prioritize work thoughtfully and communicate commitments and updates to stakeholders on an ongoing cadence.
- Drive the team’s execution by collaborating closely with Product Design and Engineering partners.
- Own the performance (and measurement) of the team’s product experiences, including impact to the business and our customers.
- A few examples of projects you may work on:
- Develop learning algorithms that are capable of sifting through massive amounts of data to proactively identify items and users that violate Etsy policy.
- Build customer-facing flagging tools that allow the Etsy community to report issues and help us collect data about shop and item quality.
- 4-6 years of experience leading product or business initiatives.
- Advocate for solving real customer problems.
- Experienced with using qualitative and quantitative data to make product decisions. You also know when and how to balance data with intuition.
- Natural collaborator who knows how to drive decision-making and has the ability to influence through informal authority.
- Inspiring, engaging and clear communication style. By knowing your audience, you communicate effectively across disciplines including PM, Design, Engineering, Research, Operations, and Etsy leadership.
- Strong belief in Etsy’s vision, mission and values.
- Ideally, you have worked on machine learning systems, either detecting malicious behavior or screening for inappropriate content.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top