Senior Product Designer, Seller Services
About the role
- Help shape your team’s roadmap by understanding and advocating for the needs of our Sellers
- Make people-centered design decisions informed by data and user research
- Validate and test hypotheses by doing lightweight research directly with Sellers and Buyers
- Create comprehensive solutions to customer problems that deliver meaningful value to our customers and material impact for the business
- Collaborate with a range of roles: Product, Engineering, Research, Data, Support, Business, Operations, Brand Design and Marketing.
- Work with other designers across Etsy to seek and provide feedback to other designers
- Work with people who are passionate about design, but who also sing, clog, skateboard, build motorcycles, bike, embroider emoji, host podcasts, design jewelry, draw comic books, and juggle literal knives. It's not all computers and colors over here
- Have 5+ years of cross-platform product design experience.
- Advocate for the importance of solving real customer problems, and has partnered with research teams—or better yet, led research—to validate and inform product thinking.
- Have led a team in solving customer problems, very comfortable facilitating discussions and leading through ambiguity.
- Experience bringing blue-sky ideas to life through an iterative human-centered design practice.
- HCD (Human Centered Design) experience and uses qualitative research and quantitative analysis to inform design decisions and product strategies
- Delight in creating sketches, prototypes, research plans, and experiments to validate ideas and opinions.
- Demonstrate working knowledge or experience using modern development technologies like HTML and SASS/CSS.
- Believe that product, brand, and design decisions are inextricably linked.
- Mastered communicating design decisions and processes openly, clearly, and confidently, regardless of the audience—engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, partners, etc.
- Give and receive honest, thoughtful feedback, and have experience mentoring other designers.
- Are unafraid to change your opinion in the face of new information or a new understanding of the product goals, you have strong beliefs, but you’re open-minded and able to adapt.
- Have a design process that encourages collaboration between other designers and product teams.
- You are willing to work outside your comfort zone—and even excited about it!
- Are excited about learning and growing to take your professional skills and career to the next level.
- Are able to share samples of work that show creative, user-centered UX solutions, strong visual design and solid information architecture
- Bonus points if you have experience working with two-sided marketplaces or designing cross-platform tools to run small businesses
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Senior Director, User Experience
Alex oversees Etsy’s User Experience Team. He focuses his questions on how to create integrated and friendly experiences for both buyers and sellers in the Etsy marketplace.
Back to top