Senior Product Designer, Native Apps (Brooklyn, NY)
About the Role:
- Help shape your team’s roadmap by understanding and advocating for the needs of our buyers and sellers
- Make people-centered design decisions informed by data and user research
- Validate and test hypotheses by doing lightweight research directly with buyers and sellers
- Create comprehensive native app solutions that deliver meaningful value to our customers and material impact for the business
- Collaborate with a range of roles: Product, Engineering, Research, Data Analysis, Customer Support, Brand Design and Marketing.
- Work with other designers across Etsy to seek and provide honest, thoughtful feedback, and mentor other designers.
- Work with people who are passionate about design but who also sing, clog, grow plants, skateboard, build motorcycles, bike, embroider emoji, host podcasts, design jewelry, draw comic books and video games, and juggle literal knives. It's not all computers and colors over here.
- Have 5+ years of product design experience.
- Have 3+ years of native app design experience (iOS + Android).
- Deeply understand iOS and Android patterns and are excited to contribute to native design systems at Etsy
- Experience designing with native engineers, can proactively work through problems and constraints alongside the team.
- Advocate for the importance of solving real customer problems, and has partnered with research teams—or better yet, led research—to validate and inform product thinking.
- Experience bringing blue-sky ideas to life through an iterative Human Centered Design practice.
- Use qualitative research and quantitative analysis to inform design decisions and product strategies
- Have experience iterating on features and ideas.
- Delight in creating sketches, prototypes, research plans, and experiments to validate ideas and opinions.
- Believe that product, brand, and design decisions are inextricably linked.
- Have a design process that encourages collaboration between other designers and product teams.
- Mastered communicating design decisions and processes openly, clearly, and confidently, regardless of the audience—engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, etc.
- Have helped lead a team in solving customer problems, very comfortable facilitating discussions and leading through ambiguity.
- Are unafraid to change your opinion in the face of new information or a new understanding of the product goals, you have strong beliefs, but you’re open-minded and able to adapt.
- You are willing to work outside your comfort zone—even excited about it!
- Are excited about learning and growing to take your professional skills and career to the next level.
- Bonus points if you have experience working with two-sided marketplaces to run small businesses.
See Inside the Office of Etsy
Founded in 2005, Etsy operates markets that allow millions of people around the world to connect—both online and offline—to make, sell, and buy unique goods. Etsy’s global community of entrepreneurs, shoppers, manufacturers, and employees are the heart and soul of its business, and with more than 40 million listed items, Etsy has something for everyone.
Back to top