Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. Etsy, Inc.'s 'house of brands' portfolio has expanded to now include four individually distinct ecommerce brands - Etsy, fashion resale marketplace Depop, musical instrument marketplace Reverb, and Brazil-based handmade goods marketplace Elo7. As an Etsy employee, you'll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
We are looking for an experienced Analytics professional to lead analytics teams that support our Member Services and Trust & Safety teams.
As a Senior Analytics Manager partnered with Member Services and Trust & Safety you will work to ensure your team is consistently delivering clear insights while providing access to metrics, data, and tools needed for decision-making and optimization at all levels of the organization. The team's analyses will help Etsy tackle complex Member Services and Trust & Safety issues. Do you find joy in leading analytics teams and providing insight into patterns of customer behavior? If so, this could be a great match.
This is a full-time position located (eventually) in Brooklyn, NY, reporting to the Director of Analytics for Finance. Etsy offers three different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team: Flex mode for candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2+ times per week, Remote mode, and Office-based mode. Learn more about our flexible work modes and vaccination policy here.
About the Role
In this role you will:
- Lead a team of data scientists and operations analysts, providing guidance on specific analyses, career development, and novel analytical techniques
- Work closely and collaboratively with Trust & Safety and Member Services management to develop strategies that balance short and long-term goals as the risks and issues facing our marketplace evolve, and we continue to grow at a rapid pace.
- Define metric-focused goals around customer support, marketplace safety, and operational efficiency to guide your partner teams
- Elevate the level of your team and your partners by bringing in external examples and industry perspective and ensuring we are continually refining our analytical toolkit
- Help prevent hate speech in the marketplace and combat coordinated networks of bad actors.
- Help our Member Services team solve complex problems such as how to drive customer self-support resolution and how to ensure customer issues are resolved quickly, with as little customer effort possible.
- Employ sophisticated analysis and industry-leading measurement techniques to inform the strategy and operational processes of these groups.
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Ideally, you'll bring:
- 7+ years of proven success on Analytics or Data Science teams preferably with a focus on risk mitigation in a retail/marketplace setting,including 2+ years leading a team of direct reports
- Experience employing analytics to guide risk mitigation strategy in areas like account take over, merchant fraud, IP infringement, etc.
- Successful track record of distilling highly complex problems into narratives that are concise, action focused, and memorable, and express your recommendations with both conviction and finesse.
- High proficiency with advanced analytical techniques and SQL, R and/or Python
- Ability to communicate insights to senior executives verbally, visually, and in writing
- A trust in and commitment to Etsy's vision, mission and values.
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover
letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you've
hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and
variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be
like you! So write to us and tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes
us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We
encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to
apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability,
gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status,
veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to
participate in the job application and interview process, to perform
essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities
may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We're open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.