Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. Etsy, Inc.'s 'house of brands' portfolio has expanded to now include four individually distinct ecommerce brands - Etsy, fashion resale marketplace Depop, musical instrument marketplace Reverb, and Brazil-based handmade goods marketplace Elo7. As an Etsy employee, you'll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
We are looking for an accomplished product leader with expertise in the Payments area to lead Etsy's growing Payments Product team. As the Sr. Director of Product Management, Marketplace Payments, you will direct a team of Product Managers who build all aspects of our Payments ecosystem, including the seller finances, the buyer experience, infrastructure, 3rd party integrations, and compliance. You will partner closely with the VP of Payments to develop a product strategy, translate it into a roadmap, and drive plan execution. You will help create a vision for Etsy's Payments that will lead us into the future.
We seek a candidate who is comfortable managing a large scope and who can seamlessly partner across the organization: with engineers, research, analytics, design, operations, finance, and others. You are an experienced manager who can build and elevate a team of hardworking Product Managers and Group Product Managers, located in New York and Dublin, Ireland. You are passionate about mentoring and you inspire a dynamic and impactful Product culture.
Do you have a desire to build outstanding products and tackle multifaceted payments challenges? If so, this could be the ideal match!
About the Role:
- Lead and nurture a growing team, supporting their career advancement through mentoring and professional guidance
- Advocate for the payments needs of buyers, sellers, and internal partners and develop a vision for the future of the payments product and a plan to get there
- Drive OKRs and set critical metrics; clearly define requirements, goals, and success criteria for squad leaders and their teams
- Relentlessly prioritize and focus your team on development that addresses top opportunities that benefit Etsy's members and overall business
- Create strong relationships with partners and other parts of the business, to make sure payments supports Etsy's overall strategy and success
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law
- A trust in and dedication to Etsy's vision, mission and values
- Proven experience in leading product initiatives
- At least 5 years of leading and developing a Product team, having shown an ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization structure
- Passion for solving complex, multi-sided marketplace payments problems, developing strategies and roadmaps, and executing plans
- Experience defining product metrics, using them to drive decisions, and pairing that with a sense for how and when to balance data with intuition
- Strong understanding of the general payments industry and experience with payments regulations and compliance requirements. You are outspoken about payments trends and where payments services are headed
- Customer empathy and curiosity to learn more
- Natural collaboration and communication skills with a track record of building positive relationships across a broad, diverse organization
- Experience working in e-commerce, retail, two-sided marketplaces a plus.
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover
letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you've
hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and
variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be
like you! So write to us and tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes
us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We
encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to
apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability,
gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status,
veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to
participate in the job application and interview process, to perform
essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities
may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We're open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.