Senior Android Engineer (Brooklyn or Remote)
- As a senior engineer with full stack development experience, identify and propose innovations and new services, perform deep requirement analysis and software architecture design.
- Develop both server side and client side architecture and functional specifications by utilizing best design patterns and coding standards.
- Provide guidance to the team in designing, developing and test planning throughout the entire engineering process with emphasis on design for usability, performance, scalability, testability, experimentation and code coverage.
- Mentor junior engineers on complex issue analysis, architecture, design and development.
- Perform root cause analysis of technical issues by leveraging deep expertise in broad mobile embedded system areas such as Android application performance, Android Framework, system stability, and so on.
- Evaluate internal engineering process and identify improvement for better software quality and shorter time to market.
- Proficiency in Native Android development experience ( 4+ years of experience ).
- Solid knowledge of Android SDK, understands the fundamentals of what makes good app design (UX or architecture) and can show examples of this.
- Excellent knowledge of fundamentals of computer science - operating systems, data structures and algorithms.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrates comfort leading department-wide discussions on a regular basis
- Applies technical knowledge to transform complex problems into concrete projects
- Ability to build trust within the wider organization for brainstorming solutions, even outside their team’s area of focus
- Capacity to drive the adoption of new technologies and processes into Etsy’s engineering organization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills at the departmental and company level.
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Senior Director, User Experience
Alex oversees Etsy’s User Experience Team. He focuses his questions on how to create integrated and friendly experiences for both buyers and sellers in the Etsy marketplace.
Back to top