Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
About the Role
- Work with the Director to build company-wide budgets and forecasts related to Etsy’s business (gross merchandise sales, revenue, and expenses).
- Analyze performance trends, craft performance milestones, and develop ROI models for new and existing initiatives.
- Arm business leaders with data needed to make strong business decisions by helping them interpret analyses and measure progress against outlined goals.
- Collaborate with Analytics and FP&A among other teams to produce monthly and quarterly financial reviews for the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Partner with Director to develop financial models and analyses for internal new business/product development, new products, cost savings projects, competitive benchmarking, and/or partnerships.
- You have at least 5-7 years of progressive experience, including a combination of investment banking and corporate financial planning (with revenue and expense exposure).
- You can communicate your insights verbally, visually and in writing.
- You are able to distill complex findings into actionable recommendations that improve Senior Management and Board-Level decision-making and further Etsy’s mission to keep commerce human.
- Intellectual curiosity! High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide leadership and structure in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a firm grasp of GAAP; strong familiarity with e-Commerce and technology is a plus.
- You thrive when working in a collaborative and highly charged environment. Your colleagues sit in an open space surrounded by high-intensity co-workers.
- You feel alive when you are working across functions, skillsets, levels and experiences. In short, you know how to develop cross-functional relationships and “play well in the sandbox” with everyone.
- Highest professional and ethical standards: Etsy has earned a reputation for honesty, integrity, and transparency. We commit to these values and uphold them at all times.
- You are responsive and adapt quickly to change, embrace challenges and champion the advancement of financial planning tools, systems, controls and analyses.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel in particular) is required; bonus points for experience with Host Analytics, Workday Financial Management, and/or SQL.
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Senior Director, User Experience
Alex oversees Etsy’s User Experience Team. He focuses his questions on how to create integrated and friendly experiences for both buyers and sellers in the Etsy marketplace.
Back to top