Relationship Manager, Payments Operations
The Etsy Payments team manages a global payments platform for the Etsy marketplace where buyers can securely and seamlessly purchase unique items and sellers can confidently spend more time on their craft. Our work revolves around the four pillars of platform, buyer experience, seller empowerment, and compliance. We have a passion to make payments more efficient, effective, option-rich and low-cost while influencing innovation in the payments industry.
The Relationship Manager will be a key member of a Etsy’s Payments Operations team, working alongside Product, Engineering, Treasury, and Risk teams to execute and support our global payments strategy. This role will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing the Etsy Payments network of relationships including card brands, processors, and payment service providers while overseeing daily operations for incoming and outgoing payments. This is an exciting opportunity to be an important player in the payments team at a fast growing, global tech company.
The role will report to the head of Payments Operations. This position is full-time and based in Brooklyn, New York.
About the Role
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with key partners within the Etsy Payments ecosystem
- Identify and develop opportunities with existing partners to expand and improve the payments platform
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to identify, drive, and resolve partner incidents with urgency
- Manage partner processes to ensure accountability and performance against contracted service levels
- Contribute to Etsy’s comprehensive global payments strategy in the dynamic payments space
- Monitor Etsy’s competitive position and implement changes with partners to further Etsy Payments products, services and strategic objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of partner management, strategy, or business development experience and 2+ years working in the payments industry; experience working with e-commerce and two-sided marketplaces a plus
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives and interact across diverse roles including engineers, business partners, and executive leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and can thoughtfully articulate operational issues and insights to internal and external partners
- Understanding of the regulatory complexity of operating within the global payments industry
- Comfort with the business and legal aspects of partnership or vendor contracts
- Technical familiarity with payments product integrations
- You have a can do, will do, will learn attitude
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top