Product Development Culture Coach (Brooklyn, NY)
Etsy is looking for an experienced agile and design thinking practitioner to guide the cultural transformation of the teams in its Product Organization. This role belongs to Etsy’s Product Development Culture team, a lean squad of coaches whose mission is to challenge Etsy's teams to experiment better and learn faster. The PDC Team belongs to the larger People, Strategy and Services org and reports into the Director of Strategy & Operations.
Each PDC Coach is strategically embedded in a Product Group in our Product Org. The coach applies their expertise to drive teams’ adoption of our codified mindsets, principles and practices that define our Product Development Culture. Product Groups at Etsy are the home of our Product Managers, Engineers, Product Designers, Researchers and Analysts who work together to design and deliver products for our buyers and sellers.
This is a full-time role located in Brooklyn, NY.
The person in this role will:
- Build an environment and culture of learning and continuous improvement in the Product Organization at Etsy
- Change the way Etsy builds software through a focus on fast, inexpensive experimentation and quick, effective decision-making and reflection
- Coach teams facing challenges in how they relate, communicate, and work together
- Plan and facilitate workshops, meetings, and team off-sites
- Build learning materials and tools for the teams that you serve, which live in our PDC Library
- Partner with Product, Engineering and Design leadership to share insights and recommendations around teams’ ways of working, organizing, staffing, and prioritizing that are actionable and sustainable
- Act as an internal and external advocate for our Product Development Culture and a mentor to the other coaches on your team
- Possess broad knowledge in many AND deep knowledge and experience in at least one of the following skill areas: Product Management, Program Management, Design Thinking, Engineering, Organizational Design, Change Management or Transformation.
- Enjoy being challenged by organizational ambiguity and complexity
- Possess above average emotional intelligence and are able to demonstrate it through your self-awareness , self-control, relational awareness and compassion
- Communicate complex concepts simply and effectively, in person and in writing
- Build trust quickly with all levels and functions in an organization
- Excel at community building to help people pursue common goals
- Possess deep knowledge of the Agile Values, Principles, and Practices
Nice to haves:
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Leadership Coaching Experience
- Coaching certification from one of the governing bodies (Example: ICF)
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skill sets.
Back to top