Manager for Dispute Investigation
About the Role
- Providing steady leadership and career shepherding to a team with a diverse range of skills and professional backgrounds.
- Hiring, growing, and retaining top talent.
- Able to translate broader organizational vision and strategy into actionable team goals.
- Building out and/or maintaining robust customer feedback loops with relevant product and engineering teams.
- Working seamlessly with internal partners who help to craft sellers’ experience of our services (e.g. QA, Help Content, outsource partners)Holding direct reports to high standards of performance and personal conduct while also being accessible and receptive to their concerns.
- Working in tandem with the Operations Manager to monitor team and individual performance, optimize workflows, and figure out staffing needs.
- Thinking critically and creatively about professional development within the team; aligning skills with roles, team needs, and broader company-wide objectives
- You think a lot about the coming months and years of what dispute resolution at Etsy could look like. You gravitate to projects and subjects that promise to craft the ideal member experience.
- You’re able to identify trends, patterns, or emerging problems in data. You rely on an equal balance of emotion and logic to inform your decisions.
- You’re an extraordinary listener and communicator with strong interpersonal and relationship-management skills.
- You have an intuitive feel for balancing authority, modesty, and approachability.
- You can motivate others to do difficult things and fulfill their potential.
- You’re versed in providing and receiving feedback as an everyday practice.
- You know how to maintain composure and positivity in the midst of challenges.
- You’re willing to taking risks and try things that may fail.
- You can navigate ambiguity -- weighing contending objectives and timelines, and making thoughtful compromises to push your team forward.
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience in the customer service/support space and experience as a people leader.
- Bonus points for doing this in the technology space, but we are interested to hear from you if you've worked in other more traditional operating companies too!
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Senior Director, User Experience
Alex oversees Etsy’s User Experience Team. He focuses his questions on how to create integrated and friendly experiences for both buyers and sellers in the Etsy marketplace.
Back to top