Etsy is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Machine Learning Infrastructure team and help us connect buyers and sellers in meaningful ways.
This is a full-time role located in San Francisco, CA or Toronto, Canada.
The Machine Learning Infrastructure team is part of Etsy's Search Sciences group. Our mission is to build, evolve, and scale state-of-the-art machine learning system infrastructure powering Etsy’s search and AI platform. We continue to improve our portfolio to ship new relevance based AI products every year. We’re a small team with huge impact that owns and operates all system components powering Etsy’s search and ML platforms and aims to utilize automation to ensure our infrastructure scales independently of the size of the team. We value empathy, communication and technical skills equally. You’ll be a key engineer contributing to the design, development and operation of our next-generation ML infrastructure systems. You'll work with our ranking, data science, big data and infrastructure partners to implement scalable solutions to complex problems.
About the Role
- Design, build and evolve the core ML system infrastructure
- Work cross-functionally with various engineering teams
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews
- You’re an engineer with Machine Learning, System Infrastructure and/or distributed systems background that takes pride in building large scale, high performance and fault tolerant systems. You care deeply about the product and know how and when to make trade-offs. Here are some of the skills we are looking for in this role:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field or BS with 4+ years of work experience
- Experience with high-volume real time and batch streaming data in a machine learning environment
- Experience with Hadoop and MapReduce-based / equivalent architectures
- Experience with Docker or a similar container framework and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- Experience building/managing/operating environments in public cloud such as Google/AWS would be a big plus
- Strong understanding of Big Data, Machine Learning algorithms and techniques
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status.