Etsy is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our IT Team and help build and maintain the tools and infrastructure that directly impact the productivity of our enterprise organization.
We are a small team distributed across multiple time-zones. The tools we are responsible for are used every day by Etsy employees. We’re looking for people who excel at working with others, challenge the status-quo, and are extraordinary problem-solvers. We value clear communication, honest feedback, and empathy for the users of our services.
Etsy is actively preparing to move systems to a cloud provider, so this is an exciting time to join us. We are offering an opportunity to be part of the dynamic organization that connects millions of sellers and customers.
About the Role
- You will share responsibility for the implementation, operations, and support for a variety of business applications including Atlassian products, G Suite, JAMF, and Slack.
- You will handle infrastructure automation for IT using Chef and other tools.
- You will build tools and frameworks to help other teams do their job more efficiently.
- You will share responsibility for office infrastructure worldwide, including VPN tunnels, firewalls, switching and WiFi.
- You will share responsibility for the IT portion of office build-outs.
- You will help grow the team with collaboration, processes and workflows.
- You will document procedures, policies, technical instructions and other processes.
- You have work experience in the network engineering field supporting both wired and wireless networks, preferably with cloud solutions.
- You feel comfortable with Linux and working in the terminal.
- You’re familiar with managing LDAP and AD.
- You have work experience with MDM tools like JAMF and Airwatch.
- You’re familiar with using agile development methodologies.
- You value improving workflow efficiency and believe in continuous improvement.
- You’re creative, curious, and eager to learn.
- You are a great teammate with a customer service mentality and actively collaborate with people around you to find solutions to problems.
- You believe in documentation and knowledge-sharing with others.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top