Etsy is seeking a Legal Response Agent (IP Paralegal) to join our Legal Response & Enforcement team and help us enforce Etsy’s Intellectual Property Policy, and provide support answering questions and requests from our community.
This is a fixed-term 12 month engagement based in our international headquarters in Dublin, Ireland.
The Legal Response & Enforcement team operates as part of Etsy’s broader Legal team. We work with every team at Etsy, and across all of our offices, to answer legal support requests from our customers, attorneys, or government entities, and respond to Intellectual Property (IP) inquiries and infringement notices. You will be on the team that manages the IP inbox, with IP take-down requests from a diverse community of users.
You will report to the Project & Legal Response Manager in Brooklyn, New York and will sit with the the International Legal team in Dublin, Ireland.
Please note: this is a non-attorney role but is ideal for candidates who have aspirations to qualify as a solicitor or barrister.
About the Role
- Process intellectual property infringement notices from start to finish. This means you’ll review notices to ensure they follow our policies and the law, process notices where appropriate, and follow up with intellectual property owners and Etsy users.
- Communicate with Etsy sellers who receive a notice of infringement and provide mentorship about Etsy’s Intellectual Property Policy.
- Process third-party requests for information, such as subpoenas.
- Maintain relationships with intellectual property owners and brand owners.
- Ensure compliance with related regulations, such as GDPR.
About the Job
- You have an undergraduate degree - preferably, but not necessarily, in Law You have excellent communication skills and the ability to convey legal or policy concepts in an easy-to-understand voice.
- Interest in e-commerce and intellectual property law, including the DMCA.
- You have critical thinking skills, and the ability to operate confidently in ambiguous and unfamiliar situations.
- You stay calm in sticky situations.
- Ability to objectively and respectfully implement site policy.
- Bonus points for:proficiency in other languages (such as French or German)previous experience working in a Law firm, or in-house legal team, online customer support experience (call center).
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status.