International Tax Accountant - Dublin
Etsy is experiencing rapid change and growth and is looking to hire a Tax Accountant, who will be based in our Dublin office, and report to the Senior Tax Manager. This position will be an integral member of the Etsy Tax Team and will have exposure to a wide variety of corporate taxes. The position requires an experienced tax professional capable of juggling multiple priorities in a dynamic and fluid organization. The individual is detail-oriented and can approach work with a mindset of constant improvement and increased efficiency. S/he is highly organized and a phenomenal teammate, willing to jump in on projects as the work and deadlines demand.
You are friendly, open-minded, and possesses a team-first attitude. You are responsive, you adapt quickly to change, and accept the challenges in your work. The results of your work will enable Etsy to meet its external tax reporting, direct and indirect tax obligations with integrity. Doing so will play a vital role in furthering Etsy’s mission to Keep Commerce Human.
About the Role
- Assist with the preparation of corporate and indirect tax returns as well as supporting calculations, work-papers, filings and payments ensuring all external deadlines are met.
- Liaise and develop relationships with business, accounting and legal teams to obtain information and understanding about the business.
- Assist the team to provide all needed information for US GAAP tax accounting, FIN 48, and FAS 5 reserves for our international business.
- Assist with providing support on the handling of day-to-day international tax queries
- Assist with the management of tax audits as they arise
- Assist on special projects as needed
- You are passionate about Tax! You are a champion of the processes and internal controls that will support a best-in-class Tax Team.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree, qualified AITI or equivalent, and ACCA/ACA or equivalent candidate is preferred.
- Three to four years of experience with a background in a big 4 and/or industry.
- Experience with a technology company is a plus.
- Ability to work within a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel.
- A familiarity with the Etsy marketplace.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top