Engineering Manager, Storage
Etsy is seeking an Engineering Manager to join our Storage team.
As Etsy grows, both the technical infrastructure and platforms need to continue to enable Etsy's growth while providing innovative ways to improve our systems. In System Engineering we are responsible for key infrastructure within Etsy. This role is responsible for managing a team within Systems Engineering - the Storage team. This is an exciting and groundbreaking time to join Etsy as engineering embarks on its next generation work on our journey to the cloud, offering an opportunity to lead teams that own the infrastructure and systems that connects millions of sellers and customers.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for leadership, understands how to lead and grow engineering teams that work on large systems, and loves to identify and communicate with their customers.
In the Storage team, we own the MySQL, Memcached, Redis and Varnish backends at Etsy. The team focuses on data integrity, availability, and latency, with an eye towards automation and efficiency. They provide a proven and stable data foundation for developers to build a stack upon.
This is a full-time role in Brooklyn, New York
About The Role
- Guide strategic direction while providing space for the team to craft solutions
- Ensure career development plans are in place for all members of the team
- Contribute to technical discussions within your team to help increase the efficiency, stability, deliverability, and maintainability of everything your team produces
- Participate in the greater company discussions to help set the direction for Etsy’s engineering teams
- Work asynchronously with local and remote teams, to ensure teams are strategically aligned and can progress towards their goals
- Contribute to Systems Engineering Leadership, helping build the vision and narratives for Systems Engineering with your peers
- Have prior experience managing teams
- Understand the importance of authenticity and mindfulness in leadership
- Are as excited by the challenges of nurturing a team as you are by the technical challenges of building systems
- Help those around you grow as engineers and leaders and be successful
- Enjoy learning about and interacting with the people who use your systems, care about your customers
- Curiosity regarding what motivates people
- Working in an Agile environment where DevOps and SRE are familiar structures to you
- Experience delivering complex systems as simple services
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top