Engineering Manager, Seller Ads & Insights
Etsy is investing heavily in building advertising and analytics tools for sellers on our platform. Are you interested in helping millions of creative entrepreneurs understand and drive the growth of their businesses?
Sellers on Etsy are focused on creating unique, one-of-a-kind items to sell on our platform. In turn, they expect us to help them manage their advertising portfolio and offer high-quality recommendations about how to scale their businesses.
The team is building a suite of advertising products that will empower our sellers to more effectively promote their products on Etsy. This is a huge opportunity to shape how online advertising can benefit creative businesses of all shapes and sizes.
Over the past year our team has leveraged Etsy’s web, ML, search, and big data stacks to deliver high-quality products to users. We’re just getting started: as an Engineering Manager you would lead your team to shape the future of small-business online advertising. You can read about our work and Engineering philosophy on our blog: http://codeascraft.etsy.com/
About the Role
- As an Engineering Manager at Etsy, you can expect to:
- Lead teams to build great products. Engineering managers at Etsy play a small part in the hands-on process of building software, but a very large part in orchestrating engineers to achieve great results.
- Participate in the end-to-end recruiting process, hiring and on-boarding exceptional engineering talent.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams across Etsy to advocate for and drive change on behalf of your team.
- Partner cross-functionally with product managers, designers, and data scientists to ensure that your team is delivering high-impact work for our users.
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for your team.
- You are enthusiastic and passionate about what you do and use that to help motivate diverse groups.
- You recognize that great managers lead teams to achieve more than the sum of its members.
- You believe that people come to work to do great things and you derive satisfaction from helping others reach beyond what they were previously capable of.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top