Engineering Manager, Product Engineering
As an Engineering Manager at Etsy you will:
- Recruit and hire exceptional engineering talent and facilitate onboarding of new team members.
- Work with other engineering teams to identify and anticipate changing requirements and opportunities to improve the development environment.
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers on the team to prioritize, plan and schedule work.
- Communicate status, risks and requirements to other groups.
- Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group.
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members.
- You are enthusiastic and passionate about what you do, and use that to help motivate diverse groups.
- You understand how a great manager can lead a team to achieve more than the sum of its members.
- You believe that people come to work to do great things and you derive satisfaction from helping others reach beyond what they were previously capable of.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Have demonstrated experience managing technical teams, setting goals and crafting plans to achieve them.
- Can work with people across multiple disciplines to create, build, and launch successful products.
- Find immense value in the success of your team.
- Listen more than you speak, and are able to get your point across.
- Ability to establish credibility with brilliant engineers quickly.
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Senior Director, User Experience
Alex oversees Etsy’s User Experience Team. He focuses his questions on how to create integrated and friendly experiences for both buyers and sellers in the Etsy marketplace.
Back to top