Engineering Manager, Product Engineering
As an Engineering Manager at Etsy, you can expect to:
- Lead engineers to build great products. Engineering managers at Etsy play a small part in the hands-on process of building software, but a very large part in orchestrating engineers to achieve great results. You’ll be providing critical technical counsel to your team, but you won’t contribute production-facing code on a regular basis.
- Participate in the end-to-end recruiting process, hiring and on-boarding exceptional engineering talent.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams across Etsy to advocate for and drive change on behalf of your team.
- Partner cross-functionally with product managers, designers, and data scientists to ensure that your team is delivering high-impact work for our users.
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for your team.
- You are enthusiastic and passionate about what you do and use that to help motivate diverse groups.
- You recognize that great managers lead teams to achieve more than the sum of its members.
- You believe that people come to work to do great things and you derive satisfaction from helping others reach beyond what they were previously capable of.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Have demonstrated experience managing technical teams, setting goals and crafting plans to achieve them.
- Can work with people across multiple disciplines to create, build, and launch successful products.
- Find immense value in the success of your team.
- Listen more than you speak, and are able to get your point across.
- Ability to establish credibility with brilliant engineers quickly.
Meet Some of Etsy's Employees
Rachel designs products that the Etsy team will use internally. She works closely with co-workers she designs for and aims to solve their immediate problems with her designs.
Back to top