Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. Etsy, Inc.'s 'house of brands' portfolio has expanded to now include four individually distinct ecommerce brands - Etsy, fashion resale marketplace Depop, musical instrument marketplace Reverb, and Brazil-based handmade goods marketplace Elo7. As an Etsy employee, you'll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
About the Team
Etsy is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Payments Platform Engineering team.
The Payments team at Etsy is committed to creating and maintaining a resilient, frictionless and scalable payments platform. Available in 45 countries, Etsy Payments enables buyers and sellers to transact in 22 currencies and offers 12 different methods to pay for items on our site.
You will be joining a critical group responsible for products that keep money moving at Etsy. The Payments Platform squad focuses on scalability, observability, maintenance, and troubleshooting within the Payments ecosystem. We work with internal and external partners to build solutions that move money securely. It's an exciting environment with the opportunity to affect change on an Etsy-sized scale!
This is a full-timeposition reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, Payments. This person will be located (eventually) inBrooklyn, NY OR we are considering remote candidates based in the U.S.for this position. Etsy offers three different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team: Flex mode for candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2+ times per week, Remote mode, and Office-based mode. Learn more about our flexible work modes and vaccination policy here.
About the Role
- You will be responsible for leading our Payments Platform squad, a team of six full stack engineers focused on Payments Infrastructure.
- You will serve as a coach, mentor, and advocate for the engineers on your team.
- You will work with your team to identify key performance metrics for complex systems and continuously audit and refine our observability.
- You will identify opportunities that remove toil that reduce the support and operations load of the team.
- Your team will be responsible for the operation of critical systems that process billions of dollars in payments and will need to develop solutions that are resilient and highly available.
- You will collaborate with other engineering teams to make effective use of our infrastructure and platforms, and also with other product teams that are building on our payments platform.
- You have a strong technical background building high availability systems that operate at scale.
- You are an experienced engineering manager able to build inclusive teams from the ground up.
- You are familiar with cloud infrastructure and services (Google Cloud, AWS or Azure).
- You are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders as well as external vendors and can clearly articulate risks and dependencies on projects.
- We value people who are curious, enthusiastic, generous, and responsible.
Additional InformationWhat's Next
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover
letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you've
hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and
variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be
like you! So write to us and tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes
us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We
encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to
apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability,
gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status,
veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to
participate in the job application and interview process, to perform
essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities
may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We're open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.