Engineering Manager, Payments
Etsy is looking for an Engineering Manager to join it’s growing Payments Platform team
You’ll be joining a mission critical team responsible for the systems that process millions of dollars in transactions for our buyers and sellers across the globe and in multiple currencies. In addition to these core systems, the team also builds the dashboards that enable our sellers to manage the finances of their growing Etsy shops.
Transactions and dashboards aside, most importantly, the team is looking for an Engineering Manager to help support, cultivate and lead the amazing talent on the team and grow their careers. You’ll be a dynamic partner to our Product team - helping to inform estimates, mitigate risks and effectively deliver on our key initiatives.
About The Role
- This is a management-track position.
- Engineering managers at Etsy play a small part in the hands-on process of building software, but a very large part in orchestrating engineers to achieve great results.
- A technical background is required in order to be a good counsel and advocate for engineering, but don’t expect to be contributing production-facing code on a regular basis.
- You will be responsible for cultivating the career development for a diverse and talented team of engineers
- You will take an active role in driving the technical direction of the platform - engaging engineers, peers and product in the process.
- You will be collaborating with the team and stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of critical projects.
- You will be tackling the day to day support and triage of key systems in the platform.
- You have exposure to payment platforms, financial systems or complex mission critical systems.
- You support a diverse and inclusive environment and share our commitment to culture and equal opportunity.
- You are a servant leader dedicated to cultivating the talent on your teams and have a successful track record of doing so.
- You are adept at anticipating and mitigating.
- You are strategic but are comfortable digging into the details.
- You are adept at anticipating and mitigating project risks.
- You are skilled at balancing quality with constraints and are comfortable engaging Partners with trade-offs.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top